Prepare an emergency kit!
In the case of a power outage, it’s a good idea to have a kit that contains things like a flashlight, batteries and first-aid supplies. Store it in an easily accessible location and make sure that everyone in your home knows where it is!
- Battery-operated flashlight to avoid using candles
- Spare batteries for your flashlight and other devices
- Games, books or other pastimes to keep busy
- Battery-operated radio or a portable charger for mobile devices so you can monitor the situation from the map on the Power outages map on our website or with our mobile app.
- Non‑perishable food to avoid opening the refrigerator
- First‑aid supplies
- Supplies for people with special needs, if necessary
- Blankets to stay warm
- List of important phone numbers (home and businesses)